Sunday 19 February 2012

The journey begins...

So I have decided to set up a new blog that I hope will give an insight into being part of an upcoming band and allow other people in a similar situation to compare their experiences. As of yet I have not seen any source other than face-to-face conversing that helps to display such a service.

No names or companies will be mentioned directly as so to keep my references anonymous. The future is so uncertain that on beginning this realtime account of my progression into the world of music who knows what may lie ahead.

I begin with the member changes within bands. It is unfortunately a common occurrence and most bands will have to endure such a time. Recently my band had to part ways with our original drummer (2nd change from original line-up). Some members took the change harder than others, me being one of them. But despite this alteration I feel that it is a fresh start for us and we can now progress into the year ahead of us with real determination.

There are big things in the pipeline that should bring great opportunities for us, but when losing a member that has been with you from the beginning sometimes it can make you feel somewhat guilty for continuing onwards without them. However one must not dwell on either side of the decision made and proceed with a new lease of life.

We sit on the cusp of putting our five pens to paper, but these moments are not for rushing into.

Realtime continues...

Band at work

No comments:

Post a Comment